Emergency Information and Instructions
Current University Status
Florida State University is fully operational at this time.
Call (850) 644-INFO or visit this web site any time the operational status of Florida State University may be in question. Thank you.
There are no announcements.
If you have received an FSU ALERT message, additional emergency information and instructions will be posted here as it becomes available. Refresh this page for updated information.
FSU Informational Links
- FSU ALERT — Learn more about Florida State University's official emergency notification system.
- FSU Emergency Message Center — Post & search public messages in the event of a campus emergency.
- Text Messaging — Register your mobile phone to receive emergency text messages (requires FSUID and password).
- FSU Emergency Preparedness Guide
- FSU Emergency Management — Information about Florida State University's Emergency Management team.
- FSU Police — Information about Florida State University's accredited law enforcement & public safety organization.
- WFSU Radio — Click Streaming Media to listen to live radio broadcast (MP3 or Real Player required).
- Live Cameras on the Florida State University campus.
- FSU Department of Earth, Ocean & Atmospheric Science — View current conditions and forecasts provided by the National Weather Service.
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Community Informational Links
- Florida Division of Emergency Management
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement
- Hurricane Survival Guide for the Capital Area
- American Red Cross — Tallahassee Area
- Ready.gov Hurricane Information and Resources
- NOAA — National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and its National Weather Service organization
- Florida Highway Patrol — Road Closures
- Florida 5-1-1 Road Conditions Hotline
- Tallahassee.com — Online home of the Tallahassee Democrat newspaper.
- WCTV-TV — Tallahassee broadcast channel 6; Comcast Cable channel 9.
- WTXL-TV — Tallahassee broadcast channel 27; Comcast Cable channel 7.
FSU additional information outlets
- Outdoor Warning System — If the sirens sound outdoors, seek shelter immediately and seek additional information.
- NOAA Weather Radios — located throughout the main campus, including all residence halls.
- Email — Official announcements may be emailed to students, faculty, and staff via official FSU email account.
- Blue Light Emergency Phones — To aid the hearing impaired, if all the emergency blue lights on campus are flashing simultaneously, this is an indication that an emergency message has been posted on the university website.
- Recorded Telephone Hotline — 850.644.INFO (850.644.4636)
- Visitor Information Radio — AM 530 radio: Includes on-campus information; live or recorded message.
- Computer Network Pop-Up Windows — Emergency messages will pop-up on computers in technology enhanced classrooms and computer labs.
- Reverse-Dialing — The visually-impaired will receive an automated telephone call with emergency information or instructions.
- Voicemail — A voicemail message may be sent to your on-campus telephone mailbox.
- Television — 4-FSU (Tallahassee Comcast Cable 4)
- Radio — Tallahassee, FL: 88.9 WFSU-FM radio; Panama City, FL: 89.1 WFSG-FM radio.
- BlackBoard or OMNI — Announcements may be posted on BlackBoard or OMNI.