TALLAHASSEE CRIME BULLETIN: SEXUAL BATTERY
The Florida State University Police Department is investigating a sexual battery that occurred Sunday, March 5, 2023, at approximately 2 p.m.
The female victim stated she was attending an event in the Student Union and entered a women’s restroom where she was grabbed by an unknown male who pulled her into a stall.
The subject is described as a college-aged white male, 5’10” and 190 lbs., with straight dark hair, last seen wearing a polo type shirt and a COVID-style face covering.
Anyone with information about this crime is urged to contact the FSU Police Department at 850-644-1234.
All members of the community are encourage to travel in pairs, utilize the buddy system, avoid isolated areas, and report suspicious activity immediately to police.
Additional Campus Safety Tips:
- Avoid isolated locations. Stay in well lit, well populated areas. Criminals most often seek isolated persons to victimize.
- Pay attention to your surroundings. Avoid becoming absorbed in listening to music, phone applications, or other distractions.
- Show confidence, do not look like an easy target. Walk at a steady pace and keep your head up.
- Plan your route, know where you are going before leaving.
- Do not travel on foot alone. When possible, use resources like SAFE Escort or Nole Cab.
- Stick to well-lit, well-traveled streets. Avoid shortcuts through wooded areas, parking lots, or alleys.
- Take the safest route to and from your home and destinations. Know where to go for help if you need it.
- Have your car or house key in your hand before you reach the door.
- If you think someone is following you, change direction or cross the street. If they're still there, move quickly toward an open store or restaurant or a lighted house. Don't be afraid to yell for help. Call 911 to report suspicious persons or suspicious activity.
Visit alerts.fsu.edu or call (850) 644-INFO any time the operational status of Florida State University may be in question. If you have received an FSU Alert notification, official emergency information and instructions will be posted here as they become available. Refresh this page for updated information any time the operational status of Florida State University may be in question.