FSU Informational Links
- FSU ALERT — Learn more about Florida State University's official emergency notification system.
- SeminoleSAFE mobile app — Official free mobile safety tool from Florida State University. Available for Google and Apple devices.
- Text Messaging — Register your mobile phone to receive emergency text messages (requires FSUID and password).
- FSU Emergency Preparedness Guide
- FSU Emergency Management — Information about Florida State University's Emergency Management team.
- FSU Police — Information about Florida State University's accredited law enforcement & public safety organization.
- WFSU Radio — Click Streaming Media to listen to live radio broadcast (MP3 or Real Player required).
- FSU Department of Earth, Ocean & Atmospheric Science — View current conditions and forecasts provided by the National Weather Service.
- FAQ — Frequently Asked Questions
Community Informational Links
- Florida Division of Emergency Management
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement
- Hurricane Survival Guide for the Capital Area
- American Red Cross — Tallahassee Area
- Ready.gov Hurricane Information and Resources
- NOAA — National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and its National Weather Service organization
- Florida Highway Patrol — Road Closures
- Florida 5-1-1 Road Conditions Hotline
- Tallahassee.com — Online home of the Tallahassee Democrat newspaper.
- WCTV-TV — Tallahassee broadcast channel 6; Comcast Cable channel 9.
- WTXL-TV — Tallahassee broadcast channel 27; Comcast Cable channel 7.
FSU Additional Information Outlets
- Outdoor Warning System — If the sirens sound outdoors, seek shelter immediately and seek additional information.
- NOAA Weather Radios — located throughout the main campus, including all residence halls.
- Email — Official announcements may be emailed to students, faculty, and staff via official FSU email account.
- Blue Light Emergency Phones — To aid the hearing impaired, if all the emergency blue lights on campus are flashing simultaneously, this is an indication that an emergency message has been posted on the university website.
- Recorded Telephone Hotline — 850.644.INFO (850.644.4636)
- Visitor Information Radio — AM 530 radio: Includes on-campus information; live or recorded message.
- Computer Network Pop-Up Windows — Emergency messages will pop-up on computers in technology enhanced classrooms and computer labs.
- Reverse-Dialing — The visually-impaired will receive an automated telephone call with emergency information or instructions.
- Voicemail — A voicemail message may be sent to your on-campus telephone mailbox.
- Television — 4-FSU (Tallahassee Comcast Cable 4)
- Radio — Tallahassee, FL: 88.9 WFSU-FM radio; Panama City, FL: 89.1 WFSG-FM radio.
- Canvas or myFSU — Announcements may be posted on Canvas or myFSU.